Adalhard Heinrich October 29, 2022 Recipes
We've used whole chicken wings for this recipe, but you can use chicken wing nibbles (which have the drumettes and wingettes/flats separated) if you prefer.
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a large baking tray.
2. To make the marinade, combine sriracha, kecap manis, honey, gingers and sesame oil in a bowl.
3. Arrange the wings in a single layer on the prepared tray and pour over half the marinade. Turn wings to coat liberally. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and, using a pastry brush, coat wings in some of the remaining marinade. Return. to the oven for 1 hour 10 minutes, basting wings with the remaining marinade every 10 minutes, until the colour is rich and caramelised and wings are tender.
4. Scatter the wings with sesame seeds to serve.
• ? cup (80ml) sriracha
• 2 tbs kecap manis
• 1 cup (350g) runny honey
• 2 tbs finely grated fresh ginger
• ½ tsp ground ginger
• 1 tbs sesame oil
• 1.5 kg chicken wings, tips removed
• Toasted sesame seeds, to serve