Arick Schubert October 28, 2022 Recipes
? 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
? ? tsp fennel seeds
? 280g baby spinach leaves
? 4 (125g) bacon rashers, roughly chopped
? 4 long green shallots, roughly chopped
? 100g Greek feta, drained, crumbled
? 150g cream cheese, softened
? 3 puff pastry sheets
? Beetroot relish and micro herbs, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200?C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. Heat oil in a large non-stick frypan over high heat. Add fennel seeds and spinach and cook for 4 minutes or until wilted. Transfer to a colander set over the sink and squeeze out any excess liquid. Leave to drain further until required.
3. Place bacon and shallot in a small food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl. Add spinach to the food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add to bowl with the bacon mixture. Add feta and season with salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Spread cream cheese over the pastry sheets, then top with the bacon mixture, spreading to the edges in an even layer.
5. Roll the pastry over tightly to enclose the filling, creating a log shape. Trim the edges and cut into 12 equal pieces. Place on prepared trays and bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
6. Scatter pinwheels with beetroot relish and micro herbs to serve.
© 2023 Mitredx. All rights reserved.